Chief Strategist for the Independent Alliance
To act as a liaison between Independent Alliance and its partners in government; to provide strategic advice to and support and representation for Independent Alliance Ministers, Ministers of State and Deputies; promote the work of its Oireachtas members.
- Third level qualification a related discipline- Politics, Law or Journalism.
- Minimum five years experience working in one or more of the following fields; media, politics, law.
- Experience working with a political organisation.
- Knowledge of the work of the Independent Alliance.
- An understanding of the unique position of Independents in Government.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Sound judgement and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Duties of role:
- Offer strategic advice and support to Independent Alliance Oireachtas members on Dáil business, policy matters and current issues.
- Liaise with Government partners to ensure clear communication on all matters of government business.
- Deal with media queries and public relations issues if required.
- Arrange regular events for Independent Alliance members to keep them updated on the work of Oireachtas members.
- Prepare a social media plan and manage its implementation.
The appointment will be on the same terms and conditions as that of a Special Adviser to a Minister and will be on the Principal Officer (Standard) scale (€79,401- €91,624).
All CVs and cover letters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received by 5.00 pm on Monday the 25th July 2016.